Welcome to TSL Drama
It was not TSL’s intention to publish dramatic works, however, due to popular demand and the fact that New Theatre Publications is not accepting scripts for the foreseeable future, we decided to embark into this exciting world. New Theatre Publications has an ethos TSL subscribes to for its general publishing. TSL aims to embrace New Theatre Publications ways of working.
TSL Offers to:
• Pay you 70% of the performance fee and 50% of net profits on scripts sold (once expenses have been covered).
• Let you know in advance when and where your work is being performed and obtain two complimentary tickets for you to see it in production.
• Have a complete catalogue on-line for world-wide circulation.
• Publish the script to a quality standard.
• Promote your work and work towards a 4-way win situation for the playwright, performer(s), audience and publisher.
• Forward you all payments in accordance with your contract and send you a detailed twice-yearly statement of earnings.
• Give you a personalised response on any play submitted within four to six weeks (providing submission criteria are met). TSL will return scripts if a self-addressed and stamped envelope is included with the hard copy submission (see below). The decision of the Review Panel is final.
What TSL expects from you:
If you decide to submit your play* to TSL Drama, it should meet the following criteria:
• All stage directions should be in lower case italics and contained within brackets ( ), but see below.
• Any character names within stage directions must be in capitalised lower case.
• Character names at the start of spoken lines should be immediately followed by a colon (:) then a space, eg. Anne: And so it was.
• Font should be Arial 10 point.
• Only use italics and bold within the text.
• The script should specify whether the play is for Amateur Theatre, Fringe or other specific group.
*An electronic copy together with two hardcopies of the play should be submitted to TSL Publications. Postal details will be provided on contact by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once your play is accepted, together TSL and you will
• work to ensure the work is published to the best standard possible.
• Promote the play as widely and effectively as possible.
• Create a play write information page on TSL Drama which will contain information about your plays, reviews and other relevant information to market your work.