This Illustrated History of the Protestant Dissenting Church at Potterspury and Yardley Gobion covers the period from the church’s beginning in 1690 to the early part of the twentieth century. It was written in the hope that the important part the Independent Church played for many years in the life of the two villages would be preserved for and appreciated by future generations. Many members of the new church had before this time been meeting in illegal conventicles since 1669 while some had been connected with the Anabaptists at Stony Stratford. From 1687 nonconformist meetings could be held providing the place had been registered. In 1691 the first pastor was Michael Harrison from Caversfield to be followed by many more over the years. This book contains a succession these ministers together with their history. The main body of work records the part they played in the life of the church and the legacy they left in the villages together with a list of notable dates.