Donkeys have recently been popping up on my radar and it’s not just to do with Christmas nativity stories. Within a month (Dec 2017/Jan 2018)…
- John Samson’s A donkey called Oddsock arrived in my inbox for proofreading – due in late 2018
- Robert Louis Stevenson wrote about a donkey according to 3AM – which he did in Travels with a donkey in the Cevennes 1879
- A review of Donkey Boy and other Stories by Mary Smith arrived in my newsfeed courtesy of Sue Vincent
- Donkeykick is a donkey in James Kenworth’s play Revolution Farm based on George Orwell’s Animal Farm. It was performed in the East End of London in late 2017.
- A donkey mail-cart features in Peter Sternberg’s memoir From the Reich to Rhodesia – due mid-2018
- And Lamu’s donkey’s feature in an Atlas Obscura article which links to TSL’s Great War in Africa imprint.
Then there are also donkeys in:
- Lesley Samson’s On the Farm