Birdie num num
5 Books mentioning birds
- To Kill a Mockingbird – Harper Lee. A moving read dealing with cross-cultural issues and reminscent of Apartheid-South Africa a few years later.
- The Little Red Hen – a return to my childhood reading days.
- H is for Hawk – Helen McDonald. Since reading this book, I have since seen two falconers – one down the Denham Road and another on Trafalgar Square. Not a book I would have chosen to read but pleased I did. It led to some discussion in my Reading Group @ St John’s
- The Good Lord Bird – James McBride. Another for my ‘to read’ list.
- The First Bird – Greig Beck. The book which won’t feature on my reading list – it’s horror, which I don’t do.
And I couldn’t resist adding The Celebration Husband by Maya Alexandri. Technically a bird doesn’t feature but I’ve taken the liberty of using the Swahili word ndege which is used for both bird and aeroplane and it’s the latter which features in The Celebration Husband.
#goodreads #birds @foxyhedgehogShare